Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Seven fun-filled days later..

Nope. Nearly, but nope. The clock has struck for the first deadline and.. I'm not quite done. Normally I'd not call that a newsflash, but I REALLY need to keep these deadlines! And this painting is the easy one! Close though.
So where did that extra time go? Well.. apart from having to tinker with my original image to balance it up a bit, I also had to go spray paint shopping. And when I couldn't get my hands on a can of lime green spray paint I did what anyone would do - I dusted off the ol equipment sitting in my bedroom cupboard and PUT ON THE MASK, as they say in the classics. I know what you're thinking, "Thank god thing's are finally getting interesting - this freak's about to bust out his Blue Velvet routine! Let the wild huffing begin!". But no. Sorry to let you down, but the compressor & the medical mask are for airbrushing. And everyone's heart sinks. Airbrushing? That panel van cheese with unicorns & hot chicks hanging ten under a full moon? I know, I know.. But I promise you, this is a tool that can be used for good as well as shite. Now I just have to resist the temptations.. OF ITS DARK SIDE. And not get sick or stoned off paint fumes. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I'm wishing you luck! And I have 2 fab-looking matt-mounted prints of your airship Minerva to accompany me to our big concert this Saturday so wish me luck too.
    love
    nic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I love Chthulu but 2 more weeks have passed since the last entry above. So the question on my mind is: Do we have 2 more complete works???? Frankly, I'd rather you work like hell and not update the blog! Hope all is going FAST and well.
    Love
    Jill

    ReplyDelete