Sunday, February 14, 2010

Exciting news!

Nah just kidding. Makes a good headline though doesn't it?
So, it's been a fortnight since my last confession. Sorry for the delay, but the sound of News Radio's Parliamentary broadcasts had me lost in a swoon of depthless adoration for our representatives inspirational rhetorical sweep & breathtaking vision for a boldly egalitarian future. I imagine you're enjoying the afterglow yourselves. So to recap - previously I looked perilously close to actually finishing a painting. This time? Done. Genuinely done! Couple of tricky things on the way - air compressor rusting inside & with a valve so leaky it couldn't work the airbrush (fixed for now by winding masking tape around the screw-thread, high-tech is everything), followed by the receiving of a phone call that work was going back A WEEK EARLY. Not totally a dream come true. That was meant to be the down-to-business week. Now it just means I can buy groceries.. Anyway, crossing off the first picture makes me happy, but it's also a bit weird - finishing paintings is not something I've done a lot of in recent years, so the urge to go "Whew, thank Christ for that, lets celebrate, see friends again, go pubbing, bugger off to a movie" and so on is strong. However I need nine more works. At least. Definately not time to make pub my friend.
Next - Russian poultry fancying. No, really. Talk about cliffhangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment